Whether you are looking for experience or want to help in your community, volunteering at Vivo is a great way to meet new people and make a difference to people’s lives.
We have a number of opportunities to work in a rewarding and friendly environment where you skills and dedication will be appreciated.
Volunteering as a handyperson or gardener
- Location: Various learning disability day services across Chester, Ellesmere Port, Neston and Northwich
- Hours: 2-10 hours per week with the option to work five out of seven days of the week
- Activities: Maintaining sections of the garden, carrying out activities with those using learning disability services to enjoy the experience of the garden area, and making things for the garden and outdoor area
Volunteering at Northwich day services at Firdale
- Location: Firdale, Northwich
- Hours: Negotiable in line with what the service needs with the option to work any day of the week
- Activities: Driving the bus or people carrier to take those using services to community activities
Volunteering at Northwich day services at Gladstone Social Club
- Location: Gladstone Social Club, Northwich
- Hours: Thursday from 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Activities: Help with running activities, such as bingo, as well as making drinks for those using services
Volunteering at craft or singing sessions
- Location: Winsford, Northwich, Ellesmere Port and Chester
- Hours: 2-10 hours per week ideally at weekends or evenings
- Activities: Running a social group for those using services at the weekend or evening. This could be craft-based, singing groups and so on
Volunteering at day services for older people
- Location: Abbots Wood in Chester, Coronation Centre in Ellesmere Port and Davenham Day Centre in Northwich
- Hours: 2-10 hours per week with the option to work any day of the week
- Activities: Befriending and supporting elderly people attending day services. Help with running activities – for example, flower arranging, painting and drawing, crafts, baking and cooking – providing musical entertainment, leading sing-a-longs and so on
For more information about any of the volunteering opportunities, contact Karen Simpson.