Vivo has launched a Carbon Neutral Plan, which includes 12 key aims to help us become carbon neutral by 2025.
In May 2019, Cheshire West and Chester Council declared the borough is in a Climate Emergency and recently set a target of 2045 for it to become carbon neutral.
As we are one of the Council’s companies, we fully support the campaign and are putting our own plans in place to play our part.
12 key aims
- Measuring Vivo’s carbon footprint
- Putting in place an Action Plan
- Using renewable energy
- Using light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
- Reducing water usage
- Using solar panels
- Working in partnership with others on tree planting
- Supporting environmental projects through Vivo’s new Community Fund
- Reducing mileage usage
- Issuing regular advice and good practice
- Using more energy-efficient boilers
- Looking at general waste management
Each of these actions have different timescales as we work towards our goal. We will be working closely with fellow Council company Qwest Services on a number of different projects throughout the journey to become carbon neutral by 2025.
Regular communications will be issued both internally and externally to support the Council’s Climate Emergency campaign, encouraging people to think about their habits and how small changes could make a big difference to the environment.