Cheshire West and Chester Council is holding a series of workshops in July and August 2023 so you can have your say on the day services provided locally for people with learning disabilities.
These workshops will form an important part of work the Council will be carrying out over the coming year to make sure the support provided for people with learning disabilities best meets their needs so they can enjoy life to the full. The aim of this work is to provide services locally that reflect the needs, outcomes and aspirations of those who use them.
Whether you have a learning disability, care for someone with a learning disability or your loved one accesses learning disability day services, you are invited to take part in these workshops and play your part. The Council is also hosting workshops if you deliver this care as a provider, care worker or key, local stakeholder.
These workshops are early discussions to coproduce, with you, the Council’s approach to improving day services to better meet your needs.
The focus will be “What do I want to do with my days?”, exploring your views on four key questions.
- What do you most like about your current day services?
- How do you think these day services could be better for you?
- What else would you like to do instead of day services?
- How do you want to spend your days?
All the workshops are informal, safe spaces, providing an opportunity for you to share what you think works well at present and how you might like to see services provided differently in the future.
These workshops will be taking place on the following dates and you can book your place through Eventbrite.
- Wednesday 19 July, 10am to noon – Healthy Living Centre, Ellesmere Port Civic Hall – aimed at people using learning disability day services, parents and carers
- Thursday 20 July, 6.30pm to 8.30pm – Microsoft Teams – aimed at people using learning disability day services, parents and carers
- Tuesday 25 July, 10.30am to 12.30pm – Disability Positive, Sension House, Northwich – aimed at people using learning disability day services, parents and carers
- Wednesday 16 August, 9.30am to 1.30pm – Northwich Memorial Court – aimed at providers and stakeholders
- Friday 18 August, 9.30am to 1.30pm – The Portal, Ellesmere Port – aimed at providers and stakeholders